When you join Acres, you don’t just join a company, you join a professional family
At Acres, we are a talented team of diversified, tech savvy construction professionals who continually challenge the status quo. We work in an environment that encourages new ideas and promotes growth and development.
Why Work at Acres?
- Our people come first. Our culture is guided by innovation, respect, ambition, inclusivity, and transparency. It’s our differences that make us unique, and our shared belief in Acres core values that guide us successfully to exceed clients’ expectations.
- We are focused on growth and development, safety, health and wellness, providing a positive work/life balance, and fostering an ongoing commitment to community involvement. We build more than projects, we build community. At Acres we strive to give back, which can be seen in many community initiatives Acres is involved with.
- We believe in fostering a healthy work/life balance and have created Acres Family Days to give back to our employees and their families. In recognition of all that you do, eligible employees are entitled to two paid days off per year in addition to their regular holiday-time.
- Our core values align with our professional and personal lives. At Acres, we are Ambitious, Competent, Respectful, Engaged, and Supportive (ACRES).
Benefits & Incentives
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Health Spending Account
- Long Term Disability
- Training & Professional Development
- Trade/Skill Certifications
- Acres Family Days
- Community Involvement Initiatives
- Referral Program
- Return to Work Bonuses
Meet brooklyn mccourt from Acres’ civil Department.
Q: What’s the best part of your job?
“I love how every day is a bit different and the variety of work. You could be digging one day and then pouring concrete another day.”
Q: What do you love about your Acres team?
“Everyone is so supportive. We have each other’s backs and if you need anything, someone is there in an instant.”
Sponsor a Senior
This year has proven to be a difficult one for us all, but for seniors who are already isolated, it’s been exceptionally hard. Christmas will certainly look different for them, many of whom are in long-term care facilities and cannot have visitors due to the times we’re living in. Acres has come together as a family to donate gifts and sponsor seniors in both Kamloops and Kelowna this holiday season.
Teddy Bear Toss
Acres is a big supporter of the Kamloops Blazers and the RIH Foundation. Every year, we throw support behind the Teddy Bear Toss fundraiser. While the WHL season has been paused, this amazing cause continues virtually this year. Acres has made a $500 donation to ensure that every young patient in the Pediatric Department at Royal Inland Hospital has a friend to keep them company!
Acres Front Line Workers Car Wash
As a thank you to frontline heroes during the COVID pandemic, Acres teamed up with Buzz’s Autobody to put on a free car wash.
Pink Shirt Day
Respectful and supportive are two core values that the Acres family strongly believes in and lives by — both inside and outside the workplace. That’s why every year, the Acres team proudly participates in Pink Shirt Day and takes a stand against bulling.
Jeans Day for Children’s Hospital BBQ
Every spring, the Acres team throws on denim and a BBQ to help raise funds for BC Children’s Hospital.